Monday, November 7, 2022

Shavian Evening

I had a great time this evening sitting on a panel to discuss Gingold Theatrical Group's current production of Bernard Shaw's Candida.

The panel included Avanthika Srinivasan, who plays the title role in the production, as well as playwright Marcus Scott, Christopher Finan from the National Coalition Against Censorship, and Shaw scholars Ellen Dolgin, Andrew Flescher, and Martin Meisel.

We had a great discussion, and then when I got home, I discovered that the latest issue of the journal Shaw had arrived. The issue includes my own article "War Pandemic, and Immortality: 1918 and the Drama of Eternal Life." That piece was an expansion of a paper I delivered at the annual conference of the Modern Language Association in 2018.

I'm looking forward to reading some of the other articles in the issue, including pieces by Peter Gahan, Jesse Hellman, Jean Reynolds, and Mary Christian.