Friday, July 14, 2017

Dark Night of the Soul

As I wrote in a previous post, Nittany Theatre at the Barn has chosen my play Dark Night of the Soul as the winner of the 2017 National Free Speech Contest.

Now, in time for Bastille Day, I have launched a new website dedicated to the piece. Visitors can read a synopsis of the play, find out a bit more about me, and get the latest news for the show.

Previously, Radio Theatre Project Live in Tampa produced a radio drama of Dark Night of the Soul, and links to the radio version are available on the site as well. I've also provided a way for readers to contact me if they're interested in the piece.

Dark Night of the Soul provides a fresh new take on the story of Joan of Arc. It shows what happens after Joan is imprisoned and stops hearing the voice that tells her what to do. The play explores how people deal with crises of faith and how we sometimes find our way back again to what is most important.

The script will receive a reading at Nittany Theatre at the Barn in Boalsburg, PA on September 20th, to be followed by additional readings in Florida on October 26th and 27th.

Check out the new website, and perhaps I'll see you at the reading in September!