Friday, March 13, 2015

Fingers Crossed

I just received word that my new play Capital is a semi-finalist for the Playwrights First Award.

The award will officially be announced in June. Past winners have included Rich Orloff, Robert Clyman, and Kim Merrill.

Capital tells the story of Karl Marx when he was working as a lowly journalist in London. He mistakingly gets hold of a personal letter that threatens the reputation of the great author alive. Though he wishes to return the letter to its rightful owner, his daughter Jenny has other plans.

They play is a joyous farce bringing together various iconic figures from the nineteenth century. I originally developed the piece at the Abingdon Theatre Company.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will signal the play finally getting close to a full production!