Monday, February 24, 2020

Spain in May

It's official. My paper on Sarah Bernhardt's influence on George Bernard Shaw has been accepted for the International Shaw Society's conference in Cáceres, Spain.

The conference (which has the theme of "Shaw in Europe") will be held at the University of Extremadura from May 27th through 29th. The ISS also extended to me a generous travel grant, which will be making the trip much more affordable.

Cáceres is a walled medieval city that has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It's also just north of Mérida, which has some excellently preserved Roman ruins, including a Roman Theatre I am keen to see.

I've attended past Shaw conferences in New York and Niagara-on-the-Lake. This will be my first time traveling to Spain, though. I'm looking forward to it!