Friday, October 11, 2024

Tickets on Sale!

Tickets are now on sale for The Boob Tube Plays by Bara Swain. No, I didn't write any of these short plays inspired by television shows, but I am directing one of them.

The evening of short work will be playing at The Tank on West 36th Street at 7pm on November 2nd, 7th, and 8th. It will be in the same space as my own play Foggy Bottom was many years ago.

Each of the five short pieces, I Love Lucy, Folded, Wasted, If You See a Hyena, and Beyond a Reasonable Doubt, takes a different television show as its jumping-off point, but the themes of intimacy and loss are universal and shine through whether you know the TV show or not.

Beyond a Reasonable Doubt, the play I'm directing, stars Megan Greener and Nick Walther as two soon-to-be newlyweds on the night before their marriage. They end up having pre-wedding jitters triggered by too much Law & Order: SVU.

The evening is being produced by American Renaissance Theater Company. Tickets are $22. I hope you can make it out to see these fun and emotional new plays.