Friday, April 26, 2024

Corpse Published

I'm pleased to announce that my short play Corpse was published in the latest issue of Denver Quarterly.

Corpse
was originally performed in 2009 as a part of Turtle Shell Productions' Summer Play Festival. Set during the 1950s, the play tells the story of a reporter interviewing a family that was involved in a recent notorious murder.

Denver Quarterly mainly publishes poems and short stories, though this issue does also include a short one-woman play, Mirroritus, by Laura Pfizenmayer. The journal has a long history that goes back to 1966. Its past contributors include Joan Didion, Joyce Carol Oates, and Robert Penn Warren.

In addition, I have some other good news to relate. I just found out this morning that my full-length play The Silver Tureen has made the second round for selection by Think Tank Theatre's 2024 TYA Playwrights Festival.

Based in Tampa, Florida, Think Tank Theatre aims to produce thought-provoking, awe-inspiring, professional theatre for young people and family audiences. The Silver Tureen, which features a cast of six young people, could be a great fit for them. I'll let you know if I hear more.