Friday, October 28, 2022

DGF Fellows Finalist

This month, I found out that my application to be a Dramatists Guild Foundation Fellow made it to the final round of consideration, though ultimately, I did not get the fellowship.

The DGF Fellows program offers a year-long intensive for professional dramatists looking to develop their work and advance to the next levels of their careers. Past Fellows have included Deborah Zoe Laufer, Lloyd Suh, Rich Orloff, and Rajiv Joseph.

It's disappointing not to be chosen, though not surprising, as rejection is a part of being a dramatist. I do have a production coming up later this year, though, at Passage Theatre Company in Trenton, New Jersey. Last year, they performed my two-person adaptation of A Christmas Carol as a special one-night only event, and now they'll be bringing it back for a longer run December 9th through 11th.

Aaron Oster is slated to direct it this year, and tickets are already available. I hope you'll be able to make it!