Friday, December 13, 2013

Cimientos

I'm very excited to be joining IATI Theater's play development program, Cimientos. Last night, I unfortunately had to miss the first meeting of the group this season due to a class I'm taking, but I look forward to participating in the future.

Last night, they discussed Leah Franqui's new play The Rabbit and the Tiger, which I read and enjoyed very much. There will be a staged reading of the piece on February 11th, which I will definitely want to see.

As for my own work, I'll be developing my adaptation of Moby-Dick. That piece is currently slated for a staged reading on April 8th.



IATI does avant-garde theater both in English and in Spanish. Some of the plays developed by IATI last year include Noah Mease's Green Eden and Marina Burana's Sfumato.