Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Brooklynites in New Jersey

For a while now, I've been working on a play called The Love Songs of Brooklynites. I developed it in a reading with Emerging Artists Theatre, and it subsequently had a workshop out at the Theatre of Western Springs.

I sent the script to Vivid Stage in New Jersey. (This is the company formerly known as Dreamcatcher Repertory Theatre.) Their artistic director, Laura Ekstrand, contacted me recently saying they want to do a reading of the play at their theatre in Summit.

Vivid Stage is supplying the actors and director, and I don't know any of them, so it will be a chance for me to get a completely fresh take on the piece. I'm not sure what to expect, but I'm looking forward to it! Fortunately, the theatre is easy to get to, since it's located right near the Summit train station.

The reading will be on May 4th at 7:30pm and will be a part of Vivid's Meet the Artist Series. Later in May, they'll also be doing readings of plays by Angelle Whavers, Lia Romeo, and Barbara Blumenthal-Ehrlich.

If you can make it, I'd love to see you there!