Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Kew Gardens Available on YouTube

As I mentioned in a recent post, my short play Kew Gardens, which was supposed to have been performed live at Actors' Theatre in Santa Cruz, has been recorded and is available to watch streaming.

Unfortunately, the platform the theatre attempted to use for a pay-to-view service did not live up to what they'd hoped. I watched the evening of one-acts that contained Kew Gardens, but just as my own play came up, the computer had to buffer... buffer... buffer....

And apparently, I wasn't the only one. Many people complained, so the theatre is refunding the money of anyone who bought tickets and is instead making the whole festival available for free on YouTube! You can now watch Kew Gardens and seven other short plays that were placed together as a part of the "A Night" of shows.

Yes, there was also a "B Night" which you can watch as well. Each evening of plays lasts about an hour and a half. I'm particularly proud at how well actress Sienna Thorgusen did in Kew Gardens, as well as the fine job Bill Peters did directing the piece.

Here's a still of Sienna performing the role of Kitty. Kew Gardens begins about an hour and 12 minutes into the video, but I hope you'll watch the whole thing, as there were several fine plays in the festival.