Monday, November 1, 2021

Coming Soon!

My two-person adaptation of A Christmas Carol was first performed in Saratoga Springs, but now the Passage Theatre Company will be doing the piece as a one-night-only fundraiser in Trenton on December 11th.

Tickets are available now. I plan to take the train down to see the production myself. C. Ryanne Domingues is directing, and the theatre has put out a casting call. The remarkable actors George Deihl and Hugh Sinclair originated the two roles in the show in 2007.

I also have another show coming up in January on the West Coast. Actors' Theatre in Santa Cruz will be putting on the world premiere of my short play Kew Gardens as part of its 8 Tens @ 8 Festival. The festival runs from January 14th through February 6th (the night before the birthday of Charles Dickens, as it so happens.)

Kew Gardens doesn't have any Dickensian connections, though, nor is it typical holiday fare. This dark, one-woman play is being directed by Bill Peters and stars Sienna Thorgusen. The festival has "A" and "B" nights, so if you want to see Kew Gardens, make sure you go on one of the "A" nights, 1/14, 1/16 (actually a matinee), 1/22, 1/28, 1/23 (another matinee), or 2/5.

After a long theatre shutdown, I'm happy I can now actually announce some new productions!