Thursday, May 31, 2018

That's DOCTOR Know-It-All to You...

I've been blogging for a while now about playwriting, contemporary drama, and theatre history. I've also been working on some more polished writing on these topics within the confines of The Graduate Center of City University of New York.

Last May, I defended a dissertation for a Ph.D. in theatre, and I've since turned that dissertation into a book that is currently under review by a certain academic press. Hopefully they'll like it. I found it interesting, anyway, and I hope others will appreciate my thoughts on actors and playwrights in Britain in the early nineteenth century.

Even though I successfully defended my dissertation last year, I still had to make revisions and deposit it, and the school does not accept deposits over the summer. I deposited the dissertation in the fall, but the school doesn't dress people up and hand out fancy pieces of paper more than once a year, so I had to wait a year to get this photo with my parents:


Yup, that's me with the deer-in-headlights look in Lincoln Center. I've spent enough time in the archives of the performing arts library there, it's only fitting that it's where I graduated, too.

I'll let you know, dear readers, when I hear about the book.